Second Skin Audio

need ideas for fixing rattle in box

2010gmc

ok i think its 8 gauge, ill try to put a picture of it later so you can see, but I have an update on the rattle, i put foam in the recessed areas of the box to pad it and i dont think it even put a dent in the rattle. I couldnt find the app you suggested but i found another good one and im going to try and test the subwoofers themselves better tomorrow(out of the enclosure). At this point Im thinking that the box is just not strong enough to handle the sound waves since it is just 5/8 mdf put together with glue and a nail gun. if i can find out for sure that it is in fact the box and not the subs then im thinking of building another box to roughly the same specs with 3/4 inch MDF and make sure everything is tight and also i will leave more room in the recessed areas.

my grand plan for my system would be two 10's (probably JL W3v3 or RF P3) with a 1000 watt amplifier(probably JL jx1000/1 or RF T1000). i would also upgrade my wiring to 1/0 and add another battery. I would also use sound damping material on all the doors and probably the headliner. Also JL makes a stealthbox that replaces my factory woofer with a W1v2(300 watt) 10 inch sub. I could either get that with a 250 watt amp or maybe build my own box for an 8" sub to replace the factory woofer. I have the bose sound system option on my truck so the door speakers and tweeters sound decent and i probably wouldnt go through the trouble of replacing them. i figure if i did the 10's and the 8" and did dynamat and redid the wiring it would sound pretty damn good.

By the way, my box has .83 cubic feet per sub so thats what each 10 would have if i did them.

1) Get rid of the Pre-fab

2) Get rid of that sub

3) Get better wire

4) Do the big 3 upgrade

5) Set the amp right. I have a feeling you might be clipping the living shit out of them also

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

1) what does clipping mean

2) im not 100% sure what the big 3 is

3) i would have done my system completely different had i known as much as i do now about car audio (i still dont know that much)

1) Sending "dirty" power to you subs with the bass and gain knobs on your amp

2) Google that shit lol. Its pretty simple. Just find a video and go get some 1/0 gauge wire.

3) It's all good man. We were all there once. Not tryin to be rude just tryin to help smile.gif.pagespeed.ce.Op6H3a25FY.gif

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

ok well i looked up clipping and i dont think my amp is doing that because had a buddy tune it for me a little and he used to work in an audio shop. I specifically remember him saying he was turning the gain down because to get rid of distortion.

Archived