Will this work?

Keveeno

Rockford fosgate 400.4 amp bridged at 4 ohm (200w x 2). 4 Selenium st400 8 ohm super tweeters (2 in each door in the fronts). tweeters are rated at 100 watts rms. This amp will only be running the super tweets.

My question is can a pair of super tweets (single 8 ohm voice coils) be wired like a 4 ohm dvc subwoofer for each channel WITHOUT using a crossover? So each super tweet will receive it's 100 watts rms and the amp would see a 4 ohm load.

yes

2_8ohm_svc_4ohm.gif

edit: well if the amp itself cant do a high pass crossover at like 4-5k or wherever its recommended crossover point is for those tweets, then you will need to either go active or buy some passive crossovers.

if you had 2 8 ohm tweeters to 4 ohms, they wont get 100w rms. isn't the rockford rated for 2x200 bridged at 2 ohms? you'll be bridging each of the 2 channels at 4 ohms right?

WTF? Hybrid parking? Really? What the hell is going on with these smug bastards?! I want gas guzzler parking right up front so i dont have to circle the parking lot 40 times and ruin the enviroment.

if you had 2 8 ohm tweeters to 4 ohms, they wont get 100w rms. isn't the rockford rated for 2x200 bridged at 2 ohms? you'll be bridging each of the 2 channels at 4 ohms right?

. You are correct on wiring the super tweets in parallel to get the 4 ohm load. The rockford fosgate 400.4 says that it will do 200 watts rms by 2 channels bridged at a 4 ohm load. It should work.

. You are correct on wiring the super tweets in parallel to get the 4 ohm load. The rockford fosgate 400.4 says that it will do 200 watts rms by 2 channels bridged at a 4 ohm load. It should work.

ahh ok. must've misread him then.

WTF? Hybrid parking? Really? What the hell is going on with these smug bastards?! I want gas guzzler parking right up front so i dont have to circle the parking lot 40 times and ruin the enviroment.

ahh ok. must've misread him then.

. O no worries man, it's all good.

Archived