Haven't been on in awhile. Just recently picked up a 1973 Chevy C10 truck. It was running and driving when i got it with minimal rust, but it definitely needs a lot of work. So far i have started tearing everything apart. I gutted the interior and installed sound deadener as well as luxury liner pro on the floor. I threw in some new carpet and have gotten seat brackets made for bucket seats. On the outside of the truck i have taken doors and fenders off as well as the core support and the motor will be pulled in the next week or so. Plans for the truck are to redo all the interior, new paint, hopefully bag it and install all new suspension accessories, and install a new 350 motor and transmission.

For the stereo so far i have in my possession:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 8" RF P3 Shallow mounts (mid bass)

Plans for the system are as follows:

Fiberglass dash, will have a float mount ipad to run through bluetooth from the Pioneer 80PRS

Rockford Fosgate 360.3 for processingFiberglass kick panels which will hold the 8" RF P3

Fiberglass door panels holding 2 sets of RF T5 Components each.

Plan for subs are 2 or 3 15" subs in a blow-through in bed

Will make a center console to house all amps and processor, hopefully i can design something that will hold it all and i can figure out a way to incorporate plexi to show off the amps as well as some led lights. Gonna be a long process but hopefully i can have most of the interior done by the time my last semester of college starts in late August.

Day i picked it up:

IMG_2984_zps98db45e5.jpg

Interior before i started tearing it apart:

IMG_2969_zps43183d91.jpg

IMG_2971_zps116f98ef.jpg

Half of DynaMat installed:

IMG_2973_zps4d92aee1.jpg

New carpet test fitted:

IMG_2990_zps4b8fc085.jpg

Fenders tore off:

IMG_2986_zps1240dd55.jpg

Vinyl on dash all ripped off as well as pad, ready to be glassed:

IMG_2994_zps11a88c2e.jpg

Flush mount rings:

IMG_3016_zps33a284cc.jpg

IMG_3019_zpsbe405e56.jpg

Mocked up hopefully where they will fit:

IMG_3018_zps5183f94f.jpg

Thanks guys im excited. My dad used to have an 82 model when i was little and i always said i would have one, and i finally found one for the right price so i jumped on it. Im excited to get some stuff done, just waiting on the parts to come in.

Archived