Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HDC3 18 Airspace question


CDetty

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is 5.5 cubes after displacement enough for a single HDC3 18? On SQs site, in the tech support section, it says 5 cubes would work for a single 18. Anyone else have an opinion?

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Posted

I'd go bigger if it was me, I'm sure it would work, but I'd do 6-7 cubes after displacement an port, but it also depends on the power u plan on running.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Posted

I dont have the biggest trunk to fit this in, so Im hoping 5.5 cubes will be good. I might try and up it to 6 cubes.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Posted

Honestly, if u didn't buy the woofer yet, u may be better off getting an HDC3 15" an put it in a 4 cubic ft box, u will get more output from a smaller sub in a proper size box, then a bigger woofer in to small of a box

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Posted

Is 5.5 cubes after displacement enough for a single HDC3 18? On SQs site, in the tech support section, it says 5 cubes would work for a single 18. Anyone else have an opinion?

i had one before and ran it in a 5.30 cubes net box, it did very well considering i didnt have alot of power going to it with t being a smaller box. not saying its a good idea but it worked for me.

99 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE

1 American Bass HD15-D1 ~ THE PLAN- ? CUBES NET ~ TUNED 36HZ

SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3K @ .5OHM DAILY ~ STOCK ALT ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~BEST SCORE TO DATE ~ 95 BLAZER 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRICAL~

~01 HYUNDAI SANTE FE ~ 1 DC XL 18 ~ SHARK2500 @ .5 DAILY ~ 145.8 LEGAL~

~2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD OVERALL~

~2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION~

~YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

Posted

I was curious about this as well I want to run AQ HDC3 18's and feed them about 15k watts. I have roughly 5.3 cube net for each sub to sit in. I was wondering if it would work.

6 Funky Pup 12's

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 637 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...