Jump to content

Has your JBL MS-62c mid die?


KMS

Recommended Posts

Posted

Mine sure did and oh boy was I happy to find the cause. I'm posting this in case someone else has an issue with their mid driver. Took me a second to figure it out. Brought an old coax out to the car to see if it's the speaker or the xover. It was the speaker. Brought it into the house on the AVR, still dead. I moved the tensil lead and got it playing, wiggle wiggle, play play. I knew exactly what it was. The solder was barely touching the lead I suppose so when I put pressure on the lead onto the terminal it worked.

So all you have to do is unscrew that ONE little silver screw holding the terminals onto the basket, take it off and rotate it upside down so you can see the soldering points. I just had to reheat the solder and move it over to the tensil and wha la, it worked. Sorry no pictures. Anyone else have a similar problem with a mid driver before? That was a first for me. And quite a pleasure fixing it. :)

google search keywords: stopped working stop broken no longer broke fix help music play nothing midbass midrange harman kardon infinity

1000 post, it was destiny for it to break and for me to write this as my 1000th post. LoL

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1110 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...