Second Skin Audio

Solo x 18, box help (begginer)

Hey guys I just signed up on smd forums a few minutes ago. I am in a situation with my old system( solo x 18, hifonics 3200 watt collussus, and 2 hc2400s). My box that came with it is probably like 4 years old and it came with the sub when I bought the 18. I mean at 27 hz I have cups shaking and stuff but around the 35-60 its not really loud. Its almost like the box that camew with it was ONLY made for the lows haha. Its a front facing slot port above the sub. I have an acura legend and stripped the whole back seat interior part out and put the subs on the ack seat support. It honestly isnt loud to my ears around the high note, my friends 2 12 comps hit these notes better than mine, i dont know if its because its an suv and my cab isnt good. But aside from that, I am new to boxes and have NEVER build one before. I have a few friends that are carpenters and builders so building it and money for maerials isnt the problem. I dont know about the dimesnsions or anything! I have a spec sheet from kicker that has every single spec of the sub, i have my back seat measurements, and I know i want to tue around 35 hz and at 10 cubic ft after sub displacement. I was wondering what you guys think about this, should I do a slot port? SHould I wall it off? Whats a good program for box designing? I just paid around 1600 for this system and want what I paid for you know? My box has always been leaking and breaking from day one so I dont know te full potential of the solo x 18:) I do know its bad for u to switch boxes for a sub that has been acustoed to another box. but Id appreciate all the help I could get:)

10 cubes for 1 18?

also subs don't care what box you put them in as long as it is up to par with the specs you can change boxes 1000 times with your subs, so idk who told you the sub don't like to change boxes cuz its accustomed to it lol. Its all good though not pickin on you but read around on the forum, and use the search button. A couple people on here have build a system and box for the solo x 18s, they need power and electrical to back it up. Whats your electrical looking like? what size alt, wire, how many batteries and what size?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

bandpass is different though. I know how big they are I had 2 of them a couple years back but sold them cuz to me there not worth while. Theres a lot better subs out there for less money. What kind of electrical do you have? Like I said before how many batteries and what kind? what size alt do you have? what kind of car is it going in?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

Oh, the electrical is all 0 gauge, stock 140 mamp alt( i know this is crucial, but I may be getting a new car so), a hc 2000 and a hc2400, both cleanly set up and grounded to the frame properly. It dips down to like 13 volts when it hits. So im only getting prolly 2500-2600 watts vs the full 3200. Im not really worried about that because I have a clip meter and It doesnt go below 13. I hear that 12 volts is the cut off for frying the F out of your amp lol. But Yea there are so many box programs on this site, I was just wondering if there were any free ones because it will take a long time to search, I mean that is the point of asking for help right? otherwise I wouldve googled it and not joined this site :P

get torres box tuning calculator...by far the best one ive seen or heard of unless your gonna pay a shit load of money. Search for it in the forums at the top and download it, then put your measurements in and go from there. Then you can download winisd, also

Its in the back of an acura legend , not the trunk but I stripped the back seat area completely so I have a bit of room to work with. My eletrical is NOT a problem as of now, Ive been running my system for months with no problem and the lows shake store windows as well as my neighbors picture frames :P but Im not impressed with the upper ranges at all, and the guy I got it from believes it was tuned to like 28 hz. So, i would like to start fresh, tune it to 35 hz , and blast away:) I heard that if you tune the solo x high that the 40 hz notes willl like rip your ears open lol

Thanks chevy boi, i will check those places out. Also I meant to ask, all I can find at the major lumber suppliers are 3/4 mdf. There is NO one inch mdf, which I heard is what I really need. I mean, will 3/4 be okay? I mean I could double up the 3/4 for the baffle. Ive spent hours searching for one inch and no luck so far

your gonna have to do a double baffle anyways whether you get 1 inch or 3/4, mdf or you can do birch if your pockets are deep. And idk bout ripping your ears open itll get loud but I think to really push the potential of that sub your gonna need more power lol..Aint they rated like 10,000 watts or sumthing?

Archived