Second Skin Audio

building 4 subwoofer box help

Well, if your box was designed to be sealed and you "added" a port, it likely wasn't right. How did you calculate the port area or length you needed? Your box is a prefab I'm assuming right? If your center console folds down, you have to notch the box out for the upper lid to clear, plus the center itself sits further back than the seats in most positions. I would think that Mechman or DC would make you a bracket for the truck. 2400W alone, blowthrough or not, is a little too much power on stock electrical. You have an upgraded under hood battery? Do you have a secondary battery and the Big3 done as well?

used 2 port tubes and cut them to the length it gave me on the calculator i used. i got my box from subthump.com and they say they hand-build instead of mass produce. nope the box isn't notched at all its parallel all the way through from side to side. i think they would have to custom make a braket for my v6 since they seam to have v8 brakets on hand. i have a 250 amp alternator, 2 kinetik 1800 batteries (barely fit under the hood), and 0 gauge wires for knukoceptz (wires running all over from the engine bay, i would post pictures but im at work also and don't get home till another 2 hours.

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Single Cab

Dash Unit:Pioneer DEH-6400BT

Amps:Alpine MRX-M240

Alpine MRX-F30

Speakers:Alpine Type S 5.25 coaxialx and 6.5 components

Subwoofers:(4) Alpine Type R 10"

Box:Quad hole fiberglass subbox

Battery:Dual Battery Setup

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

DB Electrical250 Amp Alternator

Wiring:KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 0 GaugeKnuKonceptz KCA 4 Gauge

Big Three: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 0 Gauge<p>

I'm at work so I don't have my laptop, but roughly a sealed box for 4 10s should be 56" wide, 13.5" tall, 6.5" top depth and 9.7" bottom depth. This would require jump seat/center console(whichever you have) to be removed. It would give you 2.5 cubes internal space before displacements which would go down to around 2 cubes flat after sub displacement. .5 cubes per sub should be pretty ideal. I'd personally stuff the box with 2-2.5 lbs of polyfill as well to help response.

P.S. You're welcome :D

current box is 53" wide, 13 tall, 5 top depth, and 7 bottom depth

To keep it between the B-pillar time pieces, you have 56" of useable width. You have 13.5" before you hit the trim panel below the window line. I'd use every inch you can and go from there. The deepest box I ran was 56" wide, 14" height, 7" top depth and 10" bottom depth.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Post pics because I love seeing pics of other regular cabs of our year. There are quite a few other owners on the forum that have our truck as well. Many have blowthroughs, some of us have stayed in the cab.

Post pics because I love seeing pics of other regular cabs of our year. There are quite a few other owners on the forum that have our truck as well. Many have blowthroughs, some of us have stayed in the cab.

yeah ill post pics. i get off in an hour... well i was thinking about turning my truck into single cab SS by doing an engine swap later in a couple years or doing a bagged air supension and making a blowthrough

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

IMG_1798_zpsdb22b93c.jpgIMG_1792_zpsebbfc5f5.jpgIMG_1640_zps71d80ef1.jpg

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

I like the use of the dual batteries. Where did you snag your bracket for the secondary, from 2500, or Suburban? I've seen quite a few guys run them and I like it, especially since GM makes the part and intended for a second battery to go there. Any pics if the truck, btw that BIG Alpine it's a nice amp with serious power.

It's amazing how different under the hood the 4.3L is over the V8 trucks.

1st day i got it

IMG_0691_zps3ffd0e02.jpg

IMG_1853_zps00c133fd.jpg

most current pic

IMG_1953_zpse04975f1.jpg

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

I like the use of the dual batteries. Where did you snag your bracket for the secondary, from 2500, or Suburban? I've seen quite a few guys run them and I like it, especially since GM makes the part and intended for a second battery to go there. Any pics if the truck, btw that BIG Alpine it's a nice amp with serious power.

It's amazing how different under the hood the 4.3L is over the V8 trucks.

couldn't find a secondary plate at junk yards so i had to order one online for $50. the second battery barely fit that i had to turn it on it's side to fit snug. yeah the 4.3 is very different and i think it makes it hard to make a second alternator braket because of the intake tube on the left and the radiator hose and other small tubes on the right of the engine

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power: