Second Skin Audio

building 4 subwoofer box help

my sub box has started comming apart and it just sounds terrible. I don't know why it came apart maybe the construction quality of the sub box or the amount of abuse from the subs. so anyways i want to build a brand new box but it's my first time building a box and i want to know what materials and the manner to build the box. i want to do a fiberglass box due to the fact that i have a single cab truck and space is limited and wanted to make a sub box that can hold 4 subs. so i want to know how to make the sub box very strong so it won't come apart like the last one. any little advice helps from types of screws to brand glue and any other possible way to build a great box.

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Single Cab

Dash Unit:Pioneer DEH-6400BT

Amps:Alpine MRX-M240

Alpine MRX-F30

Speakers:Alpine Type S 5.25 coaxialx and 6.5 components

Subwoofers:(4) Alpine Type R 10"

Box:Quad hole fiberglass subbox

Battery:Dual Battery Setup

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

DB Electrical250 Amp Alternator

Wiring:KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 0 GaugeKnuKonceptz KCA 4 Gauge

Big Three: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 0 Gauge<p>

4 Alpine Type R 10s or 2 Alpine Type R 12s and 2 Type R 10s

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

2007 silverado classic single cab

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

I have the same truck. 4 10s will fit sealed behind the seat. The last box I had was 2 12s ported in an isobaric push/pull. I have my center console out of the truck and ran the one woofer inverted between the seats. It smashed the lows and was also very musical. My plan was to do a blowthrough with my 2 old school Fosgates, but since I may sell the truck, I'm contemplating doing the 15" Fosgates in a push/pull similar to how the 12s were setup. I could design a box for you though for 4 10s sealed. 2 12s ported us a tight squeeze and you will have the seat uncomfortably forward if you want the 12s. 2 10s ported its doable though :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm at work so I don't have my laptop, but roughly a sealed box for 4 10s should be 56" wide, 13.5" tall, 6.5" top depth and 9.7" bottom depth. This would require jump seat/center console(whichever you have) to be removed. It would give you 2.5 cubes internal space before displacements which would go down to around 2 cubes flat after sub displacement. .5 cubes per sub should be pretty ideal. I'd personally stuff the box with 2-2.5 lbs of polyfill as well to help response.

P.S. You're welcome :D

I have the same truck. 4 10s will fit sealed behind the seat. The last box I had was 2 12s ported in an isobaric push/pull. I have my center console out of the truck and ran the one woofer inverted between the seats. It smashed the lows and was also very musical. My plan was to do a blowthrough with my 2 old school Fosgates, but since I may sell the truck, I'm contemplating doing the 15" Fosgates in a push/pull similar to how the 12s were setup. I could design a box for you though for 4 10s sealed. 2 12s ported us a tight squeeze and you will have the seat uncomfortably forward if you want the 12s. 2 10s ported its doable though :)

i want 4 subs because of how much power my amp can deliver... i have an mrx-m240 running 1500watt @ 4ohms and it can be 2400watts @ 2ohms. currently i have a box behind my seats that extends all the way from one seat to the other and on top of the box, i have an amp rack for my subs amp and my speakers amp. wanted to do a blowthrow for my truck but seams dumb because i have the v6 version truck and i can't find anywhere or any place that makes an second alternator braket. my box was sealed but then i ported it, and it was design to keep the middle seat.

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power:

Well, if your box was designed to be sealed and you "added" a port, it likely wasn't right. How did you calculate the port area or length you needed? Your box is a prefab I'm assuming right? If your center console folds down, you have to notch the box out for the upper lid to clear, plus the center itself sits further back than the seats in most positions. I would think that Mechman or DC would make you a bracket for the truck. 2400W alone, blowthrough or not, is a little too much power on stock electrical. You have an upgraded under hood battery? Do you have a secondary battery and the Big3 done as well?

I'm at work so I don't have my laptop, but roughly a sealed box for 4 10s should be 56" wide, 13.5" tall, 6.5" top depth and 9.7" bottom depth. This would require jump seat/center console(whichever you have) to be removed. It would give you 2.5 cubes internal space before displacements which would go down to around 2 cubes flat after sub displacement. .5 cubes per sub should be pretty ideal. I'd personally stuff the box with 2-2.5 lbs of polyfill as well to help response.

P.S. You're welcome :D

current box is 53" wide, 13 tall, 5 top depth, and 7 bottom depth

Alpine MRX-F30

(2) Kinetik HC1800Power: