Second Skin Audio

Box/ port design

Alright I'm taking a shot at this solo x build. Building the box this morning. I have a few things to consider. This is going on my back seat, I want it the loudest in these circumstances. Should the port be behind the passenger seat or my driver seat? I want it to be the loudest for me and shake the shit out my body:p I'm very tall and the depth of box is pushing it, really close to back seats, also I'm like 6'4 so... I mean I ride alone to shook everyday I want the best for my position in car. Or for the system. Because I know the sub needs room to flex but also the port will need the width(6 inches) without obstruction. So idk which one should go on which side. It's not like the box will be up on the back seat, there's space but still. I'm trying to plan this before I glue.. Btw since its as wide as the car is, should I try and boost it up on 2x4 or sheets of wood to get less sound cancellation from it? I mean or will it make much or a difference? Can't go in trunk and wall is out of question. I appreciate it. Please don't give a lecture on it won't be loud without it walled, cuz bitch it's loud in my old crummy box:p

Not a long of good advice I don't well be given. Not many on the forum are a fan of boxes ON back seats. They are dangerous and typically don't prove to work all that well since the air goes all around the box. So this isn't a lecture, but it seems like you already know that what you're doing isn't ideal.

One option won't be much better than the other. So take a stab at it and put sub up, port up on driver side. I don't think it WON'T be loud, but not as loud as possible with a proper setup.

What is stopping you from a trunk setup? What are the set backs to doing it in the trunk?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived