Need Help lowering an '02 Merc Mountaineer

Hey guys ive looked all over and am getting frustrated and hope someone here might be able to help me or point me in the right direction. I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer and need to replace a rear strut, but while im at it i would like to lower the Merc. Im looking to drop it 3-4" but can not find anything online on how to go about doing this. I am not looking to just cut coils, i was trying to find ford lowering coils but havent found anything lower then 2". So does anyone have experience with this or know a place to look i would greatly appreciate it.

well for my 04 ford explorer all i could find was ground force 2 inch drop and that was front and back. I really dont think your going to find anything unless its custom. The only thing is....is fords suck to align and i know when i did mine they did end up getting it back to factory specs aligned, but if you go any lower its going to be impossible. Hit up the fordexplorerforum. They have some info over there. hope this helps.

I ended up doing the 2 inch drop and loved the look, only thing is now it rides like a wooden wagon lol...

Archived