Second Skin Audio

Help with decision making on wall designs

DylanBunch

Ive thought about going to BHE for a wall design but thought itd be cooler if I designed my own so ive been putting in dimensions on torres to get the port figured out and then putting it into win isd to look the the response and im having a hard time deciding between two and heres why. The first design - 10.68cbft @ 32.35hz with 208" port and 19.5" port per foot. Second design - 11.06cbft @ 30.76hz with 192" port and 17.37" port per foot. Now the subs are Sundown X 18s and will be on a DC 3.5k, the thing im having a hard time deciding is, on win isd the second design has a flatter looking response, but the first design looks louder by the win isd graph. A question I have is, would the one with more port work better for my subs because of the x max it has? I read somewhere (I wanna say it was here) that said something like " ports are for air flow, so subs with more excursion need more port because the move more air" is that also true? Thanks for any input and please correct me if im wrong about any of this. I want to post the win isd graph of the frequency response of both boxes so you guys can see them but I cant figure out how to screen shot ... the graphs look almost identical lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived