Sundown Audio

Amp wine noise. PLEASE help!

Lifted2000Ford4x4

I've got a MB Quart Reference 480.4 on my door speakers. i ran all new speaker wire to all 4 doors to bypass factory crap. i took care in sanding down the floor to ground the amp, and not to cross the power wire with the RCA's or any speaker wire. first test and all this morning it sounded great no problems. out of no where it starts this loud wining noise. then it goes in to protect. i tested my RCA's and unplugging channel 3 RCA and the system plays, but there is a faint hint of static that wasn't there before. i just put my interior back together and this is a total pain to have to track down what the problem is.

Since it was working without any noise and now the amp is in protect I'd recheck your speaker wires. It sounds like you might have a pinched wire some where. You could also check amplifier inputs to make sure that the wires aren't frayed and shorting out.

Since it was working without any noise and now the amp is in protect I'd recheck your speaker wires. It sounds like you might have a pinched wire some where. You could also check amplifier inputs to make sure that the wires aren't frayed and shorting out.

Thanks for the advice. I think you're right. i took the amp out and bench tested it. channel 3 is fine, no noise. i believe it to be a wire. might be clamped under my seat bracket. i'm going to pull the carpet and re run everything. thanks for your help.

Archived