Sonic Electronix

I've used it in the trunk lid, trunk, in the doors behind the reinforcement rib, and used it to fabricate kick panels. Once it cured; I cut it with a steak knife and covered it with resin and matte. I prefer to use modeling clay now but SF works good in a pinch.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

how many cans did you guys use for the spaces you covered trying to get a rough idea of how much ill need to do my deck lid all the pillers as well as what was done above with the doors and the roof

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Doing pillars is just to fill the space. I did my roof ( its a 2 layer roof woth a 1/2" gap) with 2/3 cans of foam. And 3 layers of AB deadner... Helped alot. My doors have 3/4ish can per and 48 sq feet of deadnet as well... I didnt want to tear another set of doors... They are SOLID now.

Bassically use it where tere will be "dead air"

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

makes sence less air to pressurize the more efective the subs will be should be able to get louder easyer

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I don't see much point in deadening the inner skin on door panels too much. Just enough to keep them from resonating. Once you have the door panel and the door handles and everything else bolted on and with all the bends and curves they put in the inner skin, most of them are pretty strong to begin with. Just my opinion.

makes sence less air to pressurize the more efective the subs will be should be able to get louder easyer

now are you saying 2 3rds of a can or 2-3 cans kinda think 2-3 would be a more realistic number

only thing to gain i can see from sound deadening the whole front of the inner door panel is to seal off the speaker that would be mounted in there

Why does no one use automotive grade foam? Cost? I'm getting ready to foam my car but there is no way I would use Great Stuff. I'm currently debating between the Handi-Foam and the 3m.

There is a lot more info on the handi-foam when it comes to stiffening chassis and sound deadening. The 3m has two different foams a pillar foam for large structural pieces and a flex foam for thin sheet metal and roof bracing that wont bow out body panels.

Why does no one use automotive grade foam? Cost? I'm getting ready to foam my car but there is no way I would use Great Stuff. I'm currently debating between the Handi-Foam and the 3m.

There is a lot more info on the handi-foam when it comes to stiffening chassis and sound deadening. The 3m has two different foams a pillar foam for large structural pieces and a flex foam for thin sheet metal and roof bracing that wont bow out body panels.

I am guessing cost. I don't know the price difference, but in my experience if it says "automotive" on it it's just a bullshit marketing label to raise the price.

Archived