Sonic Electronix

ive used it to seal of a box firing in but ive seen people use it in the frame works behind the a-b pillers as well as in the roof. what would the reason for that be vs sound deadening ?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I used it in my doors where the side impact bars are. There is no way to get deadener in there because they are welded along on side and you cant get behind them to roll the deadener down. Like this.

007-2_zps0ae1a0f6.jpg

did you notice a difference with doing that

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i wonder if doing in between the frame and the a-b pillers does something similar or how it stacks up to covering it with sound deadener

I use it in the all the frame work on the roof and trunk

Never done the the pillars because I've never found a need

Just make sure you use the fire ratted stuff, as if you get a fire I. You trunk of something the fumes given off are very toxic

Filled the bracing on the trunk lid of my old car and then covered the whole thing with deadener. Huge difference, made the trunk lid super solid and added weight which reduces flexing and rattling a lot.

Filled my hatch on my Jeep and made a huge difference on that as well. Also filling it added a considerable amount of weight which reduced flex and rattling massively.

Just be careful not to over fill because when it expands it can warp the body. Didnt warp my hatch on the Jeep at all even though I filled the thing solid full of foam but it warped the trunk lid on my old car because I filled the crap out of the bracing work on the underside and it made the top of the trunk lid look rippled a little bit.

dont they have differnt expansion levels of foam? have to look and see if i can find something that wont warp my body. i plan on doing body work and painting this soon so gotta keep everything pretty but i think im deff gona go threw and do this. just wanted to see if my theory was correct

Use Great stuff "Window and Door" if you are worried about warping. It's their low expansion foam.

I have always used the regular Red can(gaps and cracks) and Black can (big gap filler) and have had no warping issues, ever. You just have to use it right. Don't over fill the area.

Don't get it on anything you don't want ruined. (carpet, clothes, dash etc. It will not come off.

Also, be careful when using large amounts. It may seem hard and cured on the outside but if you stick something in it there may be some liquid spots that did not cure in which case you cut a small hole and mist some water in there to cure it up. Personally When I use big amounts I always mist water on the area first and between uses. Speeds the curing.

It can be a big PITA to work with but when used in the right place, you can have good results. For walls, it's good to put it in the pillars as the air will travel though them and to the rear. A lot of people miss that and just seal around the wall itself.

im doing my neon so being that the sheet metal is pretty thin on that ill have to be rather careful and yes ik first hand this stuff will ruin cloths had a brand new volcom shirt and get a drip on it i was so pissed. my trunks ruined but thats ok subs firing in no on needs to see the trunk :P thanks for everyones edvice im going stock up on cans and when i take all my interior our for paint and sound deadening ima do this.

Archived