Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub wiring help please


bassfordays

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone! I need your help with some wiring please.

I have 4 subs that are quad 1ohm coils.

Currently all wired to 1 ohm like this running 2 monoblocks like so;

As you can tell each set is each speaker at 1 ohm

tA0Uy0L.png

Now I am going to be running a more powerful single mono.

Could someone please fill in the blanks as to how I can get a final 1ohm load on each speaker? Thanks!K0CP1av.png

Posted

One ohm on each speaker, or 1 ohm final load?

Final load of 1 ohm:

Wire all 4 coils on each sub in series. This makes each sub 4 ohms.

Then wire all 4 subs in parallel to the amp.

For 1 ohm on each sub:

Make 2 series pairs from the 4 coils. Each pair will be 2 ohms.

Parallel the 2 pairs of series coils to make the final sub load 1 ohm.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

Each speaker 1ohm I believe. They are already all wired at 1ohm but if I consolidated them to combine into the single mono then the amp would be at 1/2 right? I can't have my amp below 1ohm

Posted

If each speaker has a final ohm load of 1 take 2 subs and wire it back up to 2 ohms then the same with the other 2 subs. So now you have 2 times 2 ohms then just wire those back down to 1 ohm....

And if you where running each sub to its own sets of terminals on your amps the amps where still seeing a 1/2 ohm it is a mono block not a 2 channel all terminals of the amp get the same power and are all combined internally in the amp if I'm not mistaken

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 449 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...