Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 Sa 12 Box Build


lhbeese

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking to build a box for 2 sa 12's ported in the back seat of an f150. Running off mtx elite 1200 watts. Website gives some info but hear it is I am looking to build one that is 4 cubic ft after displacement and tuning it to 35 hz but the port needs to be 14 sq inches per cube which will come out to 56 square in. Displacement of the sub is .14 cub ft. I will not run an aero port. Ideally I was looking for the subs to shoot up and a port to face towards the front but any suggestions would be nice. Thanks for the help guys

Posted

You say back seat box? Are you waiting to have the box ON the back seat? If so, that's very unsafe. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer, but I'd hate to see you get hurt in the event of an accident.

Welcome to the forum by the way. A box design is very simple and I'm sure someone here will help. I would help, but I don't really want to support the idea of an ON the seat box. A rough Idea which is me just pulling numbers from my head, would be around 46" W 16" H and like 16" deep. A 3.75" port at total length of maybe around 22". I should be closer to your net volume requested, your desired tune, and in the proper area for port area. I would do a double baffle and if not, you can take another 3/4" depth of what I've guessed.

If you are wanting to remove the rear seat, more can be achieved and a safer option too.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 449 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...