Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need port help


dmiller

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am building a box for 4 10 inch type r the box is 43 long 13 wide and 19 high 3/4 Birch wood. need to know a good port size. my tablet won't let me run any of the box building forum . I am running a earth quake phd3 at 1ohm with 0 gage power and ground plus extra battery stock Ault. I want the port to be square as don't have alloy of room. It is also going in a1997 f150 it will be my center console.

Posted

Your going to get a lot of responses on this with the old "rule of thumb".

Depending on what your going after, be it spl or sq, your port area will vary from 10 square inches to 16 square inches of port per cubic foot of sub air space. then the length will depend on tuning frequency.

Trial and error, there is no perfect formula and then you have to account for in car response which no one can factor on paper

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

I by no means am an expert but have researched enough to know that he spl guys, those who look for a number on a term lab, do it tuned to higher frequencies for maximum measure. Sometimes thoese frequencies can be into the mid 40hz range.

That doesnt mean the bottom end cant get loud.

The drivers, the power, the vehicle, box and install all play critical roles.

Everything I punch in quick ends up killing your air space in order to get the port area needed. fitting 4 10's in that space might not be the best set up to get loud.

I'm sure others will chime in.

the best I came up with on the flu was a box 13w x19h x43l and a port 17.5" h x3d x39.25l giving you a tune of about 30 Hz and an internal volume of 3.5cubes.

that's less than one cube per sub. No good in my book.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

so going a different route I'm going to do 33l x 45h x15d will this work better for air space I want to do I removable square port so I can change the tune. or would Aero port work better

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 847 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...