TDubbz91 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 And if it would work, is it safe for the first battery (an optima) to be connected to this other strand of 5 or 6 batteries of a different brand?
ham4864 Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 the stock alt won't charge all of those batteries properly. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
ham4864 Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 the stock alt won't charge all of those batteries properly. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
TDubbz91 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 Well how would I solve the charging issue?
ham4864 Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 2 Sundown Audio X 12s off of a DC 3.5k. Subs forward port forward sealed from the rest of the trunk. Upgraded Alt, upgraded front battery and 2 or 3 in the trunk. As stated earlier (Upgraded Alt, upgraded front battery and 2 or 3 in the trunk.) about $2000 And you ever read the back of most electronics they tell you not to mix batteries For system under 1200 watts you may be good on stock electrical depending on the vehicle. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
TDubbz91 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 Okay I'm gonna be difficult, Thoughts on dual alternator kit? Would that solve the primary charging problem? Along with an upgraded battery, what exactly do you mean by upgraded? What's better than an optima? And last, I'm guessing I wouldn't need 5 or 6 kinetik batteries after that, so like he said, 2 or 3 would suffice?
ham4864 Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 maybe maybe not. you know you can use google also for most of your answers. You just named what battery is better than optima, XS etc. HO alternator is and upgrade from stock . 2 runs of 1/0 should be good. Check and see what the amp requires. You should find someone on here with the same truck as you and see how they installed there system. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
TDubbz91 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 I'm searching google, I just can't find straight answers ya know? But okay cool, I'll look into it! Thank you! I'll be back to bug you guys soon! Hahah
ham4864 Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 cool. take your time grasshopper you'll get it, Unless you got gobs of cash,planning takes time. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
TDubbz91 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 Yeah I've slowly realized that this project may take a while. But, it'll be worth it in the end!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.