TDubbz91 Posted September 6, 2013 Report Posted September 6, 2013 Hey guys, I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD extended cab. I recently had two 12" Alpine Type R's powered by a Hifonics 2500watt amp under the seats. Well those subs just blew, so now I want to do my first custom system and i'm confident I can do it, just need advice on more than a couple things. I removed my back seats and I want to put in 2 12" Kicker L7's. I want to build a ported box and basically have it cover the whole back wall of my truck so it doesn't take up the whole back seat area. I am also planning on dynamatting the whole interior. The dynamatting seems pretty straight forward so i'm not too worried about that. The box I need to build has to be around 6.5 cubic feet, at least that's what I have gathered from other sites. I have no idea where to start though. I am also having trouble on deciding whether or not I want to get a separate amp for each sub? I am looking at 2 Hifonics 2000watt amps but I don't know if that's smart or if I am just overthinking it? I just want to make sure that each sub can play at max power. As far as the wiring goes, I can't find any straight forward answers on what is best but I was planning on using 1/0 gauge. And I also want to put 1 or 2 Kinetik batteries to power the system but again, I can't find any answers. I know it's a lot but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am obviously new at this so go easy on me! I look forward to hearing from you guys! I tried uploading a photo of a what I want it to look like but I can't figure out how to do that either.
rockFord_Expedition Posted September 6, 2013 Report Posted September 6, 2013 Welcome to the forum. You want to do a wall as your first build? Is that what you're saying? Do it! Maybe it's just late, but ask fewer questions and be more specific and you will get better answers Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
jarrius Posted September 6, 2013 Report Posted September 6, 2013 How much of a budget do you have because you can not run 4k off a stock electrical and upgrading that will cost as much if not more then your system. Also with a budget we can help you pick a lot better gear then kicker l7's. there not bad but I heard there not that musical and kinda sound like poop but I don't know all kicker subs I have listens to sounded like ass to me 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
HowLowCanYouGo Posted September 6, 2013 Report Posted September 6, 2013 2 Sundown Audio X 12s off of a DC 3.5k. Subs forward port forward sealed from the rest of the trunk. Upgraded Alt, upgraded front battery and 2 or 3 in the trunk. Nothing for now... Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.
severancej Posted September 6, 2013 Report Posted September 6, 2013 You have a twin battery Duramax setup or what? 98' dodge ram 140A alt Big 3 XS D2700 JVC kd-r310 Rockford T500-1BDCP 2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz Rockford P400-4 2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9 2 Polk DB 5 1/4 2x layer dynamat all doors
pioneerforlife Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 to start off first welcome to SMD. for the price of 2 L7 12's, you could get some better subs. every setup I have heard, round subs sound a lot better than square imo. also, I would try to run one amp instead two. you can run into problems if one amp is set a bit differently than the other. and as stated above, you wont be able to run 4K on stock electrical. you would probably need several extra batteries, for sure the big three, and depending on how big your stock alt is, you will probably need a high output alternator. all of that can cost a lot of money. probably more than your equipment itself. you could probably run anywhere from 2000-2500 watts safely with only the big three and a large extra batt. what is your budget like? 2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback Pioneer HU 4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar. 2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts) Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon) Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400 Sky High and KNU wiring 3 Banks of Maxwell caps Winston Lithium (not a fan) Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log Instagram @p4linnovation YouTube: Team Blowin Loud
TDubbz91 Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 @Funkyexpedtion sorry! I've never posted on a forum before! but I guess I'm gonna set my budget at about $2500? and yes I want to build a wall! As far as the electrical goes, I only have one battery but i will be getting an optima soon and I already have an alternator in mind, I just didn't know I would need it. but yes give me some products and some different ideas I can research! I obviously need help! I want this system to be perfect! Oh, but I do have an extra plate under the hood where I could just install a second optima and just run the system solely on that? or would that still not be enough?
rockFord_Expedition Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Won't be enough bro. Before you even begin buying equipment I recommend that you spend a good amount of time reading through the electrical section of this forum. Check out the stickied posts plus check out some of the other people's answers to their questions. Your electrical is really REALLY important. It is the foundation of your system and it will be time well spent. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
jarrius Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 I agree with funky man read alot on this forum to get an idea on how much everything is going to cost. The 2500 budget will cover the electrical and may be the box also... May be. I would say for the first thing get your electrical where it needs to be then start building your box then buy your subs and amps. There are a lot of truck builds on the forum go have a look and ask questions. Mainly ask about electrical first to know what you will need for a 4-5k system 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
TDubbz91 Posted September 19, 2013 Author Report Posted September 19, 2013 Okay I haven't had a lot of time recently to read through other topics about the electrical. I still wanted to run an idea by you guys. Is it a dumb idea to just get like 5 or 6 kinetik 800w batteries and connect them in parallel? It'd be cheaper than getting multiple car batteries, alternators and whatever else. I was just reading an article and it said that you can hook up the first battery to your main battery, then connect each one, as many as you have, then run the last one to your amp? Is that a stupid idea or would it work?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.