Second Skin Audio

New Design Idea.... Input Needed!

the727kid

Alright I've been thinking on how I can come up with a new design since space is short and my car is a bitch to get loud...

First off my seats don't fold down so that is already an issue. I currently have ~55" cutout in my rear deck to let air flow. I plan on cutting this out more and giving at least 144" of cutout area to flow into the deck. Next, the biggest box I can fit in my trunk, that is still removable (has to be removeable) is 7.1 cubes after wood displacement but before sub/port displacement. Now I am thinking invert the subs (will be switching to BTLs or LV5s soon,s o they take up lots of airspace) and do external aeroports, but the mouth inside the box, each aero port the same length but positioned different so when looked at outside the look shorter and longer than others. The point of this is to fit 4 6" Aeros, which would give me enough port area. What ya guys think?

well congrats on a new build

heres my .02 cents

i agree with more surface area for ur "blow thru" rear deck

u said subs, what size?

not to burst ur bubble but its going to be hard to fit (4) 6" aeros, the outside diameter is like 9," so u need 36" across

1) they each need to be around 32" if tuned @ 35hz, which is good for both btl and lvl5, which is still really long

2) im pretty for sure it isnt advisable to insert the aero ports in the box at different depths from eachother. if i remeber correctly it causes uneven pressure in each port. now u can, but im not sure if it is the best solution

ideally, im guessing u mean 2 15's, u should fire the subs back to licsense plate, and fire the ports thru or at the rear deck opening, but dont seal the ports off so the front wave of the speaker can still interact with the rear wave coming from the ports at the rear deck

personally id go with a slot port design, easier to execute and realiable outcome

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Yes they are 15s, I will have to look into different port posistions to see if that has an issue, the reason for that was to offset the 9" flange, and keep the cutouts for them at 6" on the box. The thing about the slot port is, even with barley any port area, the box is too small.

Archived