Sonic Electronix

Well even though I'm soon to be upgrading . . . and if spl2k moves to texas, i'll get him to build my box new box, I am concerned with how I am doing now.

Inspired by another thread I would like to know if there are any things I can do to boost my spl numbers.

What I have:

2 Kicker L7 15s

Kicker ZX2500.1

Tsunami 5 farad cap

2 150 amp alternators

1 yellow top batt.

kicker 1/0 awg power kit.

12 cu foot box tuned to 40hz

i'm hitting 146.6 burp with drivers door open

141.3 street beat with window open

I also have the roof dynamated. Is there anything I can do to improve upon these scores? Dynamat my doors? Dynamat everything? Seal up my back windows? (i have my two lady friends hold them in when i burp and play my music)

OPINIONS?

when you have your new box built, have a removable port so that you can have 2 different tuning for your box. For music you want a freq. anywhere between 30 and 36 and for burping you should have your tuning between 44 to 50 hz because your truck will want to peak out at around 52hz.

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

umm get rid of the cap and yellow top and get two kinetik 1400s or some configuration equivalent

umm try 45hz tuning, should be closer to the peak of ur car (ur box peaks anywhere from 5-10hz above tuning so utilize this to maximize spl in ur car

umm try more port surface area, you should be able to go up to 120sqin port without a problem and still sound musical

umm bigger speaker wire to subs

umm shortest distances between wires should be acheived

umm a frame rail ground or front battery ground

umm u didnt mention Big 3 being done

umm more bracing inside the box/resin the inside

umm allthread the roof to the floor (haha)!

hope one helps!

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived