I Just bought a Crimestopped RS4-G3 Remote start I know cheap but my first ever. In the owner manual it says I ened a relay fr literally just about everythign from headlights flash to horn chirp, Its going in a 99 Dodge Ram, which currently does not have remote entry, I was wodnering what relay are required for sure, and if I need a immobilizer bypass. Right now you can unlock key at door, you can start truck and take key out of ignition and walk away with it runnign lol so does that mean it doesnt have a immobilizer? Just some little details would help

Edit:: Also the door locks and unlocks electrically, but IDK if it runs off of neg pulse or pos? How would I find this out and if so what relays do i need for positive pulse as the kit only does neg pulses...

It looks like u need at last two relays for your door looks ( Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is orange/green, unlock is pink/green.)

you can use (2) any spdt relays. get em' at the shack or walmart or any auto parts store. reverse polarity is just how you need to wire up the relays. If you dont know how to wire them up, i would suggest to have it professionally installed. you dont want to mess up a remote start system, it can/will screw up the whole electrical system.

I understand Electrics, and after I posted that I was like i wonder if its two relays one wired normal but hte output going into the input ground of the other reversing the polarity, ill google how to do it was just wondering if there was a special reverse relay lol also will I need 4 then? Two for Pos unliock 2 for Neg unlock?

Edit: Just looked up diagram one output from erach relay got it.

Double Edit: I have a 01 broke down explorer could i take those relays as long as matchign models and use those? :D

Archived