Loflin28 Posted September 15, 2013 Report Posted September 15, 2013 Need a little advice on a sub box for two fi bl 18's that I'm putting in my 06 Tahoe I need my back seats but the cargo area I don't care to use all that up and I don't have the 3rd row seating I need help on how big should I build the box I'm aiming at 30-32 hertz give me some input I want it loud and the amps I'm running are 2 ab Vfl 120.1's
BigManAC Posted September 15, 2013 Report Posted September 15, 2013 Fi recommends 5-10 cuft per sub with a port area per cuft around 12-16. Of course the type of music you listen to would determine the port area per cuft. How much space do you have to work with in the back and what type of music do you usually listen to? Edit: with those amps I would build the box more towards the 5 cuft per sub. Guys correct me if I'm wrong lol 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Loflin28 Posted September 15, 2013 Author Report Posted September 15, 2013 I would have to get measurements in the morning but I listen to rap hip hop little bit of rock but mostly rap and hip hop
BigManAC Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 If you listen to mostly rap then I would go with a box around 10-12 cubic feet with a port area at 15 sq ft of port. I'm guessing you don't want to wall it so I would build a box with the subs up and port back. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Loflin28 Posted September 16, 2013 Author Report Posted September 16, 2013 I'm wanting to do a wall c pillar and I'm wanting the subs and port facing inside the vehicle and the measurements I have 49"width 41"height and 30" deep like I want the 18's rigt above the backseat and port facing the front 2 fi bl 18's
Loflin28 Posted September 18, 2013 Author Report Posted September 18, 2013 Ok I'm getting no response can you go ahead and delete this post. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.