Sonic Electronix

Need help on my first build. Been out the car audio game for a long time

New to the forum and sorry for the open ended question but any input will be nice

Need help building my system in a Lexus LS430. Been out the car audio game for 5 years or so. My last system setup was yellow top optima battery, Big 3, 0 gauge power and ground wire all around, dynamat all over, 1000/1 JL Audio, kinetik 2400, 13.5 W7, RF T400/4, and some 6x9 forgot what brand.

I still have all my power and ground wirings and RF T400/4 channel amp.

My current factory setup on my 05 Lexus LS430 Modern luxury consist of 4 tweeters 2 up front 2 on rear, front door speakers 6 ¾, rear door 6 ½, and stock 8in sub.

Just ordered on 9/12

Second skin damplifier pro

Kinetik 2400 to connect to amp

Need help with the following on what to get

Touch screen head unit. Got this in this week http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mva-24l.html

Just need a head unit to go in it

• New high output alternator ( was gonna hit up Mechman)
  • New battery
  • Comp speakers for front and rear doors (max on 1 set would be $250-300)
  • Tweeter
  • Need help deciding on what type of subs and what size 3 10’s, 2 or 3 12’s, or 2’15s, and Dual or singal ohm
  • Nice size amp to power the subs (Never heard of crescendo audio or sundown) till I signed up to the this forum.
  • Maybe a new 4 channel amp

Budget I want to stay under 3K. Should I keep my stock 8in sub or take it off? Or replace it with a 8in?

Thanks for your time and input

Sounds like we are a lot alike. I haven't messed with audio since I was driving a mini-truck back in the 90's. For some reason I have the itch again. I am trying to do it right, starting with the electrical. Big 3 is done, and ordering my Mechman alt tomorrow. After the charging/electrical is done and working, then I will order my amps and subs. Going with the Sound cubed 1200 mono amp for the subs, which will probably be a couple Sound cubed 12's. All I have actually installed now is the JVC double din touch screen, a Mmats E600.4 running JBL 6x9 mids and highs. But, gonna replace those with upgraded 6.5 comps while I'm at it. Oh, and half the car is dampened, but after browsing the forum, I am gonna go ahead and add a lot more dampening.. Seems to make a huge difference on the purity of sound. Good luck bro, do a build so we can watch.Oh, and thanks for doing your part oversea!

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

If your putting subs in the trunk regardless I would either 86 the 8" or move it somewhere out of the trunk to keep some extra mids.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I will start my build log later this month. So far what I have done to my car is disassemble the whole interior added second skin pro to all 4 doors, roof, floor, and truck. I also install a double din Head unit which is a Pioneer AVH X8500.

I have a Rockford Fosgate 400.4 amp. I need advice on what type of 6.5 comp speakers to get I want to stay under $250 for 1 set. Any ideas? I was looking at the crescendo mezzo and Rockford Fosgate T3. If I was going with the RF T3 would that RF 400.4 amp be enough to power them?

I will upload pics after I put my coilovers and rims on this weekend.

For subs I wanna get 2 12's any ideas on which one I should get? I got my mind made up that I was going to get the crescendo BC5500 or the Sundown SAZ3500.

Electrical is not going to be a issue. I plan on pre wiring my 0 gauge while I have my car disassembled.

First can you fit 2 12's in a proper box in that car?

Second are you going to do a sealed off trunk?

And if I was going to use the 3500 I would get 2 soundqubed hdc3 10's or 12's (same motor and power handeling just different size)

As for if you want to run the 5500 the hdc4 12's will work or you can always look in to fi dd dc brands. And since you want to run 2 subs get duel 1ohm subs so you can run a final ohm load of 1ohm.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I can fit 2 12's in the back its just a matter of how much trunk space I wanna give up.

My plan after looking at my car as it stands now. Have the 12's facing the rear seats and ports facing up towards my 6x5 behind my back seat, take out my factory 8" and add a PVC pipe? How do you think that would sound. I have never built a system with a trunk this is a whole new ball game for me. I always had hatchbacks that knock hard.

I want something that hits hard since I am not going half ass on my electrical and sound deadening. At the same time it is a Lexus with excellent air tight seals.

Any suggestions on comp 6x5?

Archived