Second Skin Audio

Will my Trunk be big Enough

Quanie

Quanie, the xfl line is good. My buddy has 2 10" xfls in a 2.5 cubed box at 32 Hz. He hits the lows well enough to shake his truck nice :) then again he only has 700-750 watts on them. He is about to put a 3k amp on them, shit will get done then.

But yeah they are good subs man.

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

I would go with two 12s, those xfls are gonna want more than 2k rms. I'm debating on putting a single q1-2200d on my single xfl 15, I have it on 1400W RMS now.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Quanie, the xfl line is good. My buddy has 2 10" xfls in a 2.5 cubed box at 32 Hz. He hits the lows well enough to shake his truck nice :) then again he only has 700-750 watts on them. He is about to put a 3k amp on them, shit will get done then.

But yeah they are good subs man.

I like the way that sounds ice man. I was thinking to put a bigger amp to them. Heard that they are power hungry.

I would go with two 12s, those xfls are gonna want more than 2k rms. I'm debating on putting a single q1-2200d on my single xfl 15, I have it on 1400W RMS now.

Oh ok cool so I might just go buy a bigger amp. Can I use one batt in the back or would I need another.

Well i looked up your car and it either has a 110 or 130 amp alternator in it. I'm not sure which as i have seen both. That is pretty good for an OEM alt, mine is 100 amps. But the thing is, with batterys, you could put one or 50 in the back, but if the alternator is not strong enough to maintain their charge then they would be useless.

Now there has been people to run 2,000 watts or even 3,000 watts on a stock electricql system, but is it a good idea, not really. It depends on how much you car about your car and if you are fine with that much strain on it daily.

I'm buying a AQ1200D for 2 SA 10, and that amp with it only being 1200 watts, has 120 amps of fusing. Now that 120 amps has to come from somewhere so you better hope the alt can keep up. The amp May not always be drawing 120 amps, but there are other electrical demands on a car such as AC unit, Headunit, etc.... And I think the AQ2200 has somewhere around 200 amps of fusing, so if 120 may already be a strain, where are you going to get the extra?

I would look into an Alternater and then maybe 1-2 batteries in the back, instead of just 2 batteries in back. You can do the batteries and you may be okay, but I would watch my voltage. And do the big 3 if nothing else

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

I forgot to add this, but if you are not getting enough power to the amp, you will not get the 2000 + watts you are supposed to be getting

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

• 1 year later...

Wanted to do an update about my system, brought a box from Dave the box guy. That box is one of the most well build box I saw so far. With the 2 12s I have man they hit hard. Still haven't put the alt in yet. Lol

Archived