Quanie Posted September 15, 2013 Report Posted September 15, 2013 What's up everyone, so soon I'm going to be running 2 12" American Bass XFL Dual 4. The amp I'm going to be running for the subs are a AQ2200D. I love for my bass to hit the lows really hard and loud. So I was think should I keep the 2 12" AB or go for like 4 10" subs. Please if u have any great idea's that will be helpful. And its going in too a 2003 maxima. Thank u guy
Quanie Posted September 15, 2013 Author Report Posted September 15, 2013 I was also thinking maybe 2 15". But I'm not sure if it will sound good If Its not in the right size box. I don't have any equipment to build a box and where I live in NY I don't have the space to build one.
Brandonbkd Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 The 2 15s are gonna be nearly impossible to get a box in there unless you plan on building it in there and making it permanent. 2 12s would be good if you seal them from the trunk. FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
Omega5002 Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 Good luck fitting a 9 cube box plus port for the 15's, I'd stick with the 12's 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Audio Customs Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 whats you max dims to get a box in and out of your trunk? or are you willing to build it inside your trunk cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
Quanie Posted September 16, 2013 Author Report Posted September 16, 2013 I was thinking to build the box inside the trunk. Can u explain alittle more about sealing it off.
Tribe Called Bass Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 I was thinking to build the box inside the trunk. Can u explain alittle more about sealing it off. let's say your box is pushed all the way up, as far as you can go, but there's gaps on the sides and the top. You'd fill those gaps(Wood, foam filler, etc. Many videos on how to, and plenty examples on this site if you look around) Sealing off helps prevent the pressure/air from bouncing off the front of your car into your trunk. So instead of some of the bass leaking into your trunk, it plays ping pong with your windshields = more bass in ya mutha f'in face.
Quanie Posted September 16, 2013 Author Report Posted September 16, 2013 Oh ok cool. So basically I won't have no trunk space lol. So 2 12's will be fine? Do anyone have experience with the American ball xfl line?
Quanie Posted September 17, 2013 Author Report Posted September 17, 2013 whats you max dims to get a box in and out of your trunk? or are you willing to build it inside your trunk I have to do the measurements. I don't having any experience in building boxes or anything. But if I can I will.
Courtnee Edwards Posted September 22, 2013 Report Posted September 22, 2013 Sounds like a good build but why not get one 15 that can Handel a lot of power and let it ride I think it would impress you or one 18 I don't think you could go wrong especially since the two 15 won't fit.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.