Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Question about tuning a box


xDark Admiralx

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just recently purchased a fi bl 15 and am getting ready to install it into my car and I'm basically clueless on how big it should be and how to tune it. I want to build the box myself and will be trying to match the factory recommendations. 3.5 cuft box tuned to 33.6 Hz. What dimensions should the box be and how big should the port be.

I don't know if it matters but i will be running this sub on a rockford fosgate t1000 in a 2012 civic si.

Thanks

Posted

How much space do you have for the box?

Do you want it sub up port back, sub & port back, etc?

Using 3/4" material, I presume?

Do you want round, aero or slot port(s)?

For that sub and the tuning you want at 3.5 cubes, you'll need about 66in² of port area and one port would be about 3 feet long.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

My trunk is 11.6 cuft

My plan for the installation is to make the box and with the sub facing towards the rear of the car and make a false wall for it. I also want to make the amps flush with the floor.

I would prefer a slotted port

Posted

Well then, you have plenty of space to work with.

A slot port for your tuning, volume and driver will take up 1.56ftⁿ, the driver will displace ~0.15ftⁿ and you need 3.5ftⁿ of internal volume. So, you need 5.21 cubic feet of gross internal volume.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...