Simple Wiring Question, help!

Are you running an active set up?

if i knew what that meant id tell ya :(

You want to run midbass drivers and tweeters off of a two channel amp. Not a good idea. Are you going to hook up the mids to one side and the tweets to another? How do you plan on wiring this.

uhg :( yeah the four pwxs on one channel at 2 ohms and then the ft1s with crossovers on the other channel. I had a bad feeling my plan would be an epic fail :'(

There's more to it than this, but you would totally lose left and right separation. You know that right?

Are you running an active set up?

if i knew what that meant id tell ya :(

You want to run midbass drivers and tweeters off of a two channel amp. Not a good idea. Are you going to hook up the mids to one side and the tweets to another? How do you plan on wiring this.

uhg :( yeah the four pwxs on one channel at 2 ohms and then the ft1s with crossovers on the other channel. I had a bad feeling my plan would be an epic fail :'(

There's more to it than this, but you would totally lose left and right separation. You know that right?

Tell me more! Because right now I'm feelin pretty dumb and at a loss buying this

Don't feel dumb. It's called learning.

I wish I could go back and tell the younger me this: make sure your equipment is a good match before buying it.

Going active means you are using an active crossover vs. passive, or none at all.

Google the two to learn more, but basically active means you are filtering you signal before the amp, and the crossover requires its own power source. Passive is like what you get when you buy a set of components.

I wish I could go back and tell the younger me this: make sure your equipment is a good match before buying it.

Going active means you are using an active crossover vs. passive, or none at all.

Google the two to learn more, but basically active means you are filtering you signal before the amp, and the crossover requires its own power source. Passive is like what you get when you buy a set of components.

So is there a way for me to solve this problem? :/ equalizer or something? i dont know..

If you keep the amp I. Would personally run 2 sets of components off of it, but that's just my opinion. You can use the speakers but you need proper frequency filtering and a 4 channel amp.

Archived