Second Skin Audio

sub size question

gibblegeibel

i have a single 12 sub in my car. it is a cerwin Vega stroker 122 in a ported box tuned to 32 hz. ilike the bass it produces and how it hits the lower notes. but i was wondering if i could get the same performance out a of a couple of 8's or a couple of 10's. i was looking for at the skar brand subs. so what do you guys think?

The 10s and 8s are made to be a bit "punchier" but your box will have a lot to do with how the hit the notes. Lower tuned and a little bigger will help with lows.

Also the sub/anp affects it a bit as well, what skars were you thinking of running?

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

The 10s and 8s are made to be a bit "punchier" but your box will have a lot to do with how the hit the notes. Lower tuned and a little bigger will help with lows.

Also the sub/anp affects it a bit as well, what skars were you thinking of running?

no they're not.

I just saw your amp post. If your not going to upgrade amps I would get the: VVxv2. 2 of those 10s would be good. If you are looking to get the lower sound, you can do it with 8s but a 10 would sound better.

Also get your amp right and that will help.

Tune your box to about 32 like you have now and make a little bigger and you should be fine :)

My buddy runs 2 American bass XFL 10s in a 2.5 cubes box at 32hz and he can hit Lows well :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

So your telling me Kranny that 10s and 8s aren't made for tighter or punchier responses? Cause I swear that's what they say when I've read them on the MANUFACTURERS site. And I don't mean skars site I mean on others I have seen this

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

So your telling me Kranny that 10s and 8s aren't made for tighter or punchier responses? Cause I swear that's what they say when I've read them on the MANUFACTURERS site.

who's site? LOL the last time i saw that "10's punchier" "12's for rap music" bullshit information was on a sign in the car audio department of best buy.

Archived