Opinions on first coat of resin?

I could explain how to fix the wrinkles you have, but honestly it would be faster and far easier to start over.

The random staple points are going to ruin the doors, on a symetrical point considering you need to do more then one door. Anywhere you glue or staple needs to be exactly the same for the other door or damn close.

As for the three points that are stapled in the middle of the door, those are stapled around the cutout for the door handle. The other ones off to the right of the picture are all at a point where the panel will meet up with the dash so it'd be hidden anyways. Figured I'd have to start over though, guess I'll go ahead and cut this stuff off later and see if I can salvage the wood still

Next time, I would staple first. Use multiple staples, just a few arent going to cut it.

Go to fabric store and look for a fabric called PONTE. Forget any other fabric thats ever mentioned to you. Felt/Fleece leave that stuff at the store, it soaks up and waste too much resin.

What kind of car are these doors for? I wasn't sure if you were making a door from scratch or using the orignal panels.

Archived