Sundown Audio

wiring on brutus brx2400

MARKMC@GMAIL

You're gonna have to run it at 2 ohm, series parallel on the woofers.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

You have two dual 2 ohm subs, that being said the amp in question is only stable down to 1 ohm. You will not be able to run it at .5 ohm, so you will have to run them at a 2 ohm load.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

You have two dual 2 ohm subs, that being said the amp in question is only stable down to 1 ohm. You will not be able to run it at .5 ohm, so you will have to run them at a 2 ohm load.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

right I understand that so I run my subs at 2ohm parallel and will that turn to ohm at amp. what if I run both at 2ohm but not parallel and one each sub to each terminal cause there is 2 on the amp but it is a mono amp

Internally those mono block amps are already strapped and wired for mono use but those terminals are there for easier wiring use. If you series parallel the subs your final impedance will be 2ohms. If you want a 1ohm final load you will need two 4 ohm subwoofers

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Internally those mono block amps are already strapped but those blocks are there for wiring use. If you series parallel the subs your final impedance will be 2ohms. If you want a 1ohm final load you will need two 4 ohm subwoofers

do you mean series voice coils/ wired in parallel or parallel voice coils/ wired in series? what I've found online is series voice coils ends up 2ohm and so does it wired the other way

There are no series/parallel voice coil that's just how you wire the subwoofers. I'd you mean a single 2ohm voice coil ends up with a final impedance is 2ohms then yes. But if you have a dual voice coil and run it in parallel it will be at 1ohm final impedance but with two subwoofers you will see.0.5 ohm final impedance

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived