Second Skin Audio

4 15 wall build in extended cab of ford ranger

toolshed

I would argue that running them individual chambers serves no purpose other than bracing the cabinets and taking up volume.

We used to think subs needed separate chambers but that was back before mono block amps and electronic crossovers.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

If you are running them all off the same amp and one of them blows, having each sub in its own chamber helps protect the rest from mechanical failure. Also, you would be able to rewire and disconnect the blown one and continue to play with no issues.

Team NorthWestSPL

I'm thinking in your truck that option one sounds best to the ear and option 2 is loudest on the meter. I'm not positive, we need the opinion of a Ranger guy. The member 727Designs on here knows a thing or two about that truck, as well as Ray(Ray isn't around much anymore these days because he doesn't have any free time due to a new baby and work). You might PM 727Designs on here and pick his brain. Option 1 has my vote though

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Can you not get all 4 woofers in box #1?

Since they aren't a huge Xmax sub, you could load then isobaric too? Just a thought, that way you wouldn't need ALL the airspace for 4, just one. You could have each compound loaded sub push/pull in its own sealed chamber, like you want, and that chamber would be half the required volume for ONE driver. So your sealed chambers would equal up to what ONE driver wanted for its sealed specs and then you could fire them into a common ported chamber with like a 2:1 or 2.5:1 ratio. You could even do inter-changeable ports ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i think i can get a better ratio with one.... I'm probably going to do 2 cubes per sub... 2.5 is in the flat wall, and they move way too much with little control... I'm thinking that 2 will be enough behind them. not to metion they are also bottoming out some too.... just a reminder, I'm wanting to do what ever is the loudest. I already have a jetta set up for sound quality,so i want this truck to pound.

Archived