Second Skin Audio

Im needing a person who has did a 97 blazer and I wanna sound deaden the doors,headliner,entire floor and rear side panels, im wanting it too be quiet on the interstate and help my audio system from roadnoise, so anyone have particular brand that is better or any tips on what too do too get it dead quiet? Thanks also I just lifted my blazer and got rough tires now so its louder

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

Dampener of any quality brand will only reduce road noise so much, sure it will be quieter but not by much.

If your seriously wanting to dampen your vehicle and reduce road noise things like closed cell foam help drastically inside your doors after you have dampened them.

Second Skin makes a product called Luxury Liner which is a mass loaded foam that you apply over the deadener. You can use it by itself too, but your results wouldn't be as great, since the deadener adds mass to the thinner sheet metal which changes the panels resonate frequency and eliminates some panel flex.

For how much you need, easies way is grab a tape measure and start measuring. I usually always round up to the next foot (better to have too much then not enough).

Then go out to your vehicle and measure everything you want to deaden.

For your doors, measure the width and height of the exterior sheet metal, multiply those 2 numbers together for your square footage of what it would take to do 1 layer on the door. Then take your square foot number and multiply that by 2 again since you will be doing driver and passenger side doors. Do the same thing for rear doors if your vehicle is a 4 door.

Same thing for your roof, get a ruff estimate on its length and width, multiply the 2 numbers for your square footage. and for every layer you want to do just keep multiplying the square feet by number of layers.
Typically your floor will be about 3-5 feet longer then your roof, depending on how far up the fire wall you go, and about .5 to 1 foot wider. But Also take into consideration that any humps or different elevations will increase the amount of deadener you need.