Sonic Electronix

Subwoofer Box Recommendation And Port Advise

Hey guys, Im a complete Noob when it comes to building subwoofer boxes but i dont mind getting my hands dirty and trying new things.

I have a Holden VE Ute ( Australian car ) and i currently have 2 Rockford Fosegate P3 Subwoofers and here is my current Setup.

Im in a battle between big bass and leg room as im over 6foot tall, My current box gives me both but doesnt sound to great. Honestly i just built this not worrying about tuning but now im looking to hit some low notes. Im a very big Decaf fan and im obsessed with a nice low hitting note. At the moment i get alot of port noise i have a feeling the port is way to small ( Compared to Rockfords premade box). The subwoofer magnet is right up the the back of the box and is the smallest i can make it for more leg room.
Im looking to start a new build with a better port setup and add 2 or 4 more speaker ont he rear wall.

If you have any thoughts on a better Box or port design Feel more then welcome to comment your help is very needed

Thank, Aidan

IMG_5680_zps7ac051bc.jpg

IMG_5289_zpsd1e621ad.jpg

Here is some Pic's of my build:

IMG_5630_zpsc828eac1.jpg

IMG_0696_zps74e095bd.jpg

Here is how much room i have currently

IMG_0583_zps623b8f81.jpg

IMG_6046_zps5de6813a.jpg

IMG_2007_zpsa4b84420.jpg

Current box When i was building and testing

IMG_6035_zpsd6dcb498.jpg

IMG_0544_zps6240c986.jpg

IMG_0543_zps9fe6ca7c.jpg

IMG_0535_zps8bea05d8.jpg

IMG_0587_zps6f18023b.jpg

That truck thing is fuckin' sweet, dude! I kinda want one....With lambo doors. That port does look pretty small for them. That's about the size port I'd use for just 1 of those woofers. Look into aeroports maybe?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

That truck thing is fuckin' sweet, dude! I kinda want one....With lambo doors. That port does look pretty small for them. That's about the size port I'd use for just 1 of those woofers. Look into aeroports maybe?

Thank you very much its appreciated its come along way from when i first brought the car!

I thought thats the case ill look into it :)

May i also add Should i make 2 separate boxes or keep it one box? or just keep it sealed? If i put the windows up its not loud as soon as i put the windows down its loud as hell

That's generally how it works. With the windows down, your vehicle is esentially acting as a 4th order bandpass. port area should generally be between 14-16in/ft. Personally, if you can at all fit a port, port it. Won't be as loud sealed likely. I'd keep it 1 box personally.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

Neither do morons

Depending on what your goal is for the car/truck thing lol you could look in to doing a blow threw with it since you have a bed and it will hide everything nicely and open up a lot more space. If you don't want to do that I would go with 2 sa 8's since they require a smaller box then your 12's and they should sound so much better being in the rite box.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Yeah. Idk what your max dimensions are, or how many cubes your box is, but id' check out some SA-8's. If you could fit 4 of those, I don't think you'd be too disappointed :)

Neither do morons

Ahhh I did not know they could not do blow through

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived