Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box recommendations


Nipsy06

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys im trying to build my first box for my first build. I have 2 12" SDC 2.5s Audioque and a AQ1200D amp. I plan to make a box to fit a buick lesabre in the trunk which is about 40L(25 I want my spare)X 44W X 19 H. I dont know about port size so please be specific with me because Im new. I plan to go to HomeDepot to get the cuts tomorrow because I have no tools. I guess all that I need is the cuts from them wood glue screws (I have a drill) and I need to buy a jig saw to cut the sub holes. Again if there is something Im forgetting tell me because Im new. Anything helps guys Thanks In Advance!!!

Posted

If your running a double baffel wouldn't the thickness be 1.5 not .75?

Also he will need the cut sheet for the port to it says on your screen shot it's to complex to show

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

I agree, I used do to slot ports all the time for your basic street builds but I got away from them and started using aero ports, I had better scores with them on the TL (term- lab), and I could adjust the tuning with them. off course this does not apply to all situations.

Posted

If your running a double baffel wouldn't the thickness be 1.5 not .75?

Also he will need the cut sheet for the port to it says on your screen shot it's to complex to show

Actually it should be .75 the software already subtracts .75 for the first baffle,then when you add a second baffle you need to specify the thickness.

And i can send him details on the cuts if he decides to use this design.

Posted

Dude yes I will use the design!!!! I Will do what needs to be done aero port (dont know what that is) or whatever. I plan to go get the cuts today if possible so are those the right ones? What do I tell the Home depot guys and what type of wood?

Posted

Also I think I may have gave you the wrong measurements the ones I gave you was the actual size of my trunk so if I build one that size it would barely fit. Sorry about that guys!!! I guess the box itself needs to be around 35 inches in length (to fit in between Wheel wells in the trunk) 23 ish for spare(25 is the max) and 14 High. I want to say thanks Kicker8940 because I really have no one else to help me with this stuff. I really do appreciate. I will be sure to get you guys some pics of the final product and a shout out. THANKS!!!!

Posted

Also I think I may have gave you the wrong measurements the ones I gave you was the actual size of my trunk so if I build one that size it would barely fit. Sorry about that guys!!! I guess the box itself needs to be around 35 inches in length (to fit in between Wheel wells in the trunk) 23 ish for spare(25 is the max) and 14 High. I want to say thanks Kicker8940 because I really have no one else to help me with this stuff. I really do appreciate. I will be sure to get you guys some pics of the final product and a shout out. THANKS!!!!

Okay but it will take a little for time me to redesign it.

And a "Aero Port" is when you use round tubes like pvc pipe for the port.

The design i did is called a "L- Shaped Slot Port"

Posted

Take your time man its kool!!! Thanks for everything. Also I have no tools at home so I plan to go to home depot to get the cuts. Where do I cut the sub holes do I just cut them where they fit at 11" around I mean are there specific measurements. Just being sure also is the only thing I need after home depot do the cuts Wood Glue, a jig saw(for the sub holes) Screws for the (sub box) ??? Also should I glue and drill the box together? Do I need claps to hold the box together while drying with the glue??? Do 45 Angles on all the corners of the box or does that matter? again Im new to all this so everything really helps. Thanks!

Posted

For the speaker holes there are mesurements you need. If you look on soundqubed's websight it will have it on there for your subs

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 440 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...