Sonic Electronix

dang I need 3 fuse just to run another battery. I did a little more research and found out that I needed another fuse after second battery because there both a power source. but I need another fuse before it goes into the second battery?

Yes. In case of a short or surge in your power wire from front to back battery. Would u rather blow a $10 fuse or $300 battery??

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

if you only fuse one batt and there is a short, then the fuse on the one batt will blow but the short will still get power from the other battery.

here is a diagram that shows what should happen if there was a short, and correct fusing.

shortdiagram_zpsa55d3062.png

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

if you only fuse one batt and there is a short, then the fuse on the one batt will blow but the short will still get power from the other battery.

here is a diagram that shows what should happen if there was a short, and correct fusing.

shortdiagram_zpsa55d3062.png

Great diagram. As I mentioned earlier you will want the 200 amp relay between fuse one and fuse 2, You'd want to put it up front. As for the "isolator" Just say NO. They have NO place at all in car audio. They are for rvs and the like. The 200 amp relay prevents the rear battery from discharging the front battery with the engine off be it from parking and playing it or parasitic discharge. Though On the topic of parking and playing it depending on what you are running for amps you don't generally want to make a habit of that either as when voltage gets low bad things can and will happen.

Oh and its CRITICAL that the second battery regardless of type be secured with a PROPER hold down, Prevents it from flying around and killing someone in a crash but also prevents it from coming to rest against metal and causing a fire from the resulting short circuit!

ok thanks I have also called a shop and asked some questions as well. the only thing im not doing compared to the diagram is that im grounding my amp to the car and not the second battery. and when is all said and done im going to have to post some pics.

AQ - SQ For Life

Archived