subs getting hot. tuned with the dd-1.

My equipment is

2 aq hdc3 d1

aq 2200d

pioneer 80prs

a cadence CEQ-773 eq

I got my dd1 about 6 months ago and I tuned everything according to the manual that came with it and it sounded great but I wanted it louder. So today I re tuned the system with the dd1 and it is louder but now my subs are getting a little hot and the clipping indicator is on at half volume on the bass knob. And I know a lot of people say you cant trust them but so far its worked for me. I turned the gains all the way down on the eq when I did the dd1 and I had to turn the volume on the eq all the way up and the bass knob all the way up to get the signal to come on the dd1. And I proceeded and I could turn my gain all the way up and the distortion light never came on. I did everything the manual instructed but now when I play music the clipping light is comes on at half volume. any ideas what I did wrong?

08 Ford F150

lol, my bad. yeah, the 80prs, tricky headunit, tons of settings.

So many variables.,

simple solution is this. that headunit should do 62/62 volume no clipping. sub level at 0

eq: set volume and sub level to max.

double check with the dd-1, you should be clean still with the 0db tone. Track 1

now set the amp and use the -10db tone with eq and headunit at max clean output.

once the amp is set, play the -5db tone and use the eq sub out control and turn it down till you see clean signal, make a note of the position, do the same for track 1 0db.

now you have an idea where to set the eq sub out for various music. i would stay close to -5db level for dubstep and decaf, -10db level should be alright for most "music" and some rap.

I would not recommend using the -15db track for subs, music tends to be around -10 to -5db.

here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOARCaGU47s this will tell you easy step by step. It will be easier for you to watch this than me tell you what your doing wrong, and bad advice you may be getting.

truthsayer

• 1 month later...

back with a problem again. I got frustrated and got rid of the eq and now I am still having the issue of the subs clipping. I set the gains exactly like the instructions said to and I am still having the same issue. my subs are getting stinky after about 10 minutes of full tilt. most likely Its something that I am doing wrong. Anyone got ideas what I should do?

08 Ford F150