BHE '11 Malibu 4th order trunk rebuild *2-14 Springs Update*

No vids? :( can't wait to see how awesome this came out.

x2 I'm waiting patiently lol

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I had the pleasure of hearing it before the spider separated from the basket; it looks and sounds great.

Thanks lil man...I enjoyed hearing your T line as well.

Hope to have it back up full tilt soon.

More pics and vids to come as soon as humanly possible.

J

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a little update on the some issues I had with install and such. I will say Robin form BHE has been extremely consistent and has fixed almost everything and we have some more plans in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetkilr01 viewpost.gif
Was doing my third demo, and a spider came un glued from the basket, so this will have to be addressed soon. The mids and high are a HUGE improvement...beyma 6.5's in the front doors, and AQ components in the rear deck are a perfect match. I will take some more pics...esp when the inserts go in the rear deck and I have a final pic.

A few things still need to be addressed:

1.) relocate front amp, it isn't nearly far enough under front seat...if we can't it will have to be put on back of rear seat.

Cut the bracket under seat to allow more clearance.

2.) O-scope the amp, either clip light is way off, which I think it is...or this is one dirty amp.

Like to give this a shot or check evans results if he gets to it first. (He will lol)

3.) re locate trunk button...beyma spacers took the clearance for this...probably under front dash somewhere.

Talking with the guys about doing a fancy push button in the same spot that has a direct connect and fits in the factory location.

4.) Trim the sides by amp and seal off from trunk...will be glassed soon.

Something sick in the works for this...

5.) Re do rear trunk trim..it is close now, but will more then likely have this done in 4 pieces that are all removable.

NEO mags ordered and on the way.

6.) re glue the spider back on the one Warden :(

Sub removed, reglued, weighted for several hours and reinstalled.

7.) Lower front of car to match the back...this system be HEAVY man.

Well yeah, lol

8.) Fix dent on car...a little accident left a ding.

This has been addressed, should be repaired by the beginning of next week

9.) Rear seat's won't lock in place anymore...might need washers or something to make it work.

Fixed! easy peasy

10.) Rear deck inserts installed...can't wait for these to go in.

OMG these look so good.

Pics soon

hopefully lol

Will have some more pics soon...just cleaned the car yesterday (took 3 hours...dust everywhere) So keep looking in more pics to follow.
J

I will have some more pics coming once my Kid gets home and I upload. Still breaking in subs, but sealing off has helped immensely. The wardens are finally starting to hit the lower notes more, still only on 20 volume...starting today I am going up to 22. :drink40: .

Finished box pics? I really want to see how the sealed section is glassed into the spare tire well.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Finished box pics? I really want to see how the sealed section is glassed into the spare tire well.

Ummm page 2 and 3 have the inside pics. Most is wood with around 3 layers of glass for the rest.

Here are a few more pics I rounded up. Sub has been fixed and box almost 100% sealed off. We are decideing how to fiberglass around amp and fuse holders to accent both and have a cool looking design. This should be Epic once completed! Will have some more final pics soon as well after I finish breakin in subs and maybe a Vid or two...

Some peeps asked about how port came thru rear deck, so here is a new pic.

portintrunk_zpsc5325a40.jpg

Here is a port painted pic, the top is painted base black with prismatique added in the mix.

moreport_zpsa6695b23.jpg

Archived