Second Skin Audio

tuning compared to vehicle peak

miniSPLlancer

I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander that peaks at 53hz (I've tested this so let's stay focused on the question). Question is what do you guys tune at compared to your peak frequency? 3hz below peak freq, 5hz below peak freq. I'm thinking since I peak at 53hz to tune my box at 49hz.

Just wondering what you guys think?

1 HDC4 15

1 SQ [email protected] ohm

Tuning for burp box for meca comps

Best score this year was 149.4 at the headrest.

box is 3.28 @ 54hz according to other calc not torrez

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

if you have a termlab then the easiest way is to start about 7 hz below frequency and start cutting the port lenght until you start dropping on the meter, let´s just remember that it also depends on the box size, a big ass box tuned to 49 hz would have a different peak than a tiny small peaked at 49 hz , also, looking at the size and shape of that car, 53-54 hz peak seems very accurate as you mentioned before.

What port size do you use? port and sub direction?? 149 on a single 15" for meca is pretty impressive, maybe you could try an smaller box? something like 2.7 c/f and a 8" aero about 15" long, sub up port size, just an idea, my explorer burped a 147.1 on a single 12" loudforce 85 series and a 3K wired at 1 ohm and 149.4 on a single 15" on a 2 2Ks strapped at 2 ohms with that same design, just giving you some ideas, can´t say they would work on your car, i know they do on mine lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

if you have a termlab then the easiest way is to start about 7 hz below frequency and start cutting the port lenght until you start dropping on the meter, let´s just remember that it also depends on the box size, a big ass box tuned to 49 hz would have a different peak than a tiny small peaked at 49 hz , also, looking at the size and shape of that car, 53-54 hz peak seems very accurate as you mentioned before.

What port size do you use? port and sub direction?? 149 on a single 15" for meca is pretty impressive, maybe you could try an smaller box? something like 2.7 c/f and a 8" aero about 15" long, sub up port size, just an idea, my explorer burped a 147.1 on a single 12" loudforce 85 series and a 3K wired at 1 ohm and 149.4 on a single 15" on a 2 2Ks strapped at 2 ohms with that same design, just giving you some ideas, can´t say they would work on your car, i know they do on mine lol

fecupe2001, thanks for the reply. I've tried lot's of boxes and yes I have a Termlab, but I've used Torrez to calculate everything. I've noticed that when I do calculations in other box calculators the required port length is longer compared to what Torrez calc says. Just thing's I'm trying to figure out and I'll definitely give a try to what you said. The 149.4 was with 2 Soundqubed 2200 strapped at .25 each, with the soundqubed 3500 at .5 ohm I lost 1 db. I'm trying for that 150db with a single sub, otherwise it's another sub and another 3500.

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Archived