Second Skin Audio

Questions about turning HDC312 into HDC318

Chance_P

Hey guys I picked up a pair of HDC312's locally for a pretty fair price. I was going to use them as is but I have the space to run a pair of 18's so I might as well use it. I've never reconed a woofer or anything like that but I'm 100% sure I am capable. The only thing holding me back is that the 12's are like brand new. Will I be able to remove the basket and cone as a unit? Or am I going to have to just trash the cone from the 12's and render them useless? I'd like to be able to sell the cones/baskets from the 12's to recoup some funds, otherwise it might be a better idea for me to just deal with finding a buyer for the 12's and ordering some new 18's.

spider is glued to the basket.

the ONLY thing that is reusable from a recone to that 12 to 18, is the motor. everything else you have to purchase from AQ.

and if you fuck up the centering of the recone/etc, then there goes another $80 or $100, or whatever they charge for recones, out of your pocket

Thanks guys. That clears up any questions I had. Now to decide what to do. Its 260+ship for 2 recones, 2 baskets, and glue But then I can get a little back ffrom the 12 baskets . If I sell what I have I have to deal with shipping them and then spend 595 shipped for 2x new hdc318's. Is the consensus to just sell my 12's and buy new 18's?

Archived