So just 2 days ago my 2003 for taurus with the duratec motor threw a cel and it was for a misfire on cylinder 1 and one for it being on startup. It doesnt misfire when driving unless stopped at a stop sign and the engine goes down below 500 rpms. It park the idle is a little higher(around 800rpm) and it doesnt stutter.

I just did and oil change and changed the plugs. Wires were replaced less then 7000 miles ago and have no corrosion. Also i installed a new fuel filter.

Any help is appriciated.

No distributer on those iirc

Injector maybe?

I was thinking a leaky injector. Ive been running lucas fuel injector cleaner in every fill up for the past 2 months though. Could that cause a problem? 2 of the plugs were pretty wet when i pulled them today. But neither one was from cylinder 1. And idk if a coil pack and a distributor are the same thing but it has one. The 2000 and 2005 and up are the ones that dont from my research. I was thinking maybe something in the fuel system not giving enough gas at the low idle point. But im no mechanic. Just like learning how to fix my own car.

Archived