I'm happy with the Demon for now, but I feel like I'm losing a lot of it's potential somewhere in the car.

I'm toying with the idea of sealing off the rear deck, you know, bolting a piece or two of mdf to the rear, drilling holes in it and cramming as much great stuff in there as I can.

I'm also thinking about if I had a single 18, a pretty good one, and building a box into the rear deck, with the port firing through the top of the deck. I want to meter 150 any way that I can, I like SQ but I like SPL a bit more, I want a ground pounder that flexes everything and can demo four/five people at once, I want it to be a demo king! I've seen it done with 2k RMS, the guy itsgordy did it with a birtch box, single alt and bat. I want to do the same. 150 db in my car from the trunk. Any way I can.

I know I can't get my W3s to do it, so I'm hunting for my next poor sub to beat on for the next year or so. Anyone got a big 18 for sale?

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

• 1 month later...

Tinkering with a 4th order design, original outer dimensions were for the biggest box I could fit into the trunk without building it inside the trunk. went by the specs on JL's website for a SVC W3v3 12", sealed 1.125 cubes per sub, and used the remaining volume roughly 6 cubes for a 3 to 1 ported to sealed ratio, someone said to ignore the ratios, but I don't know what else to do. the goal with the box is big fat lows, and I will have a plate with two 4" pvc butt connectors glued in, so all I have to do is exchange the 4" tubes inside the box for different tuning, to find a response I like. if there's anything glaring obvious wrong with the design, please tell me.

car4th_zps045ffdfc.jpg

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on the car, going to sell it and use the truck. Will start a new build log, I'll post pics of the old setup if I can find them.

Everything is out of the car, just a simple after market radio and the stock front speakers,

didn't find the new 5x8s I had for the rear, so it's got nothing out back.

Already have half the work done on the truck, will post later.

This build thread is done, car is no longer for sound, just driving and selling

Here's my latest build.

Archived