Got New Tweets And I Dont Know What To Do Next!?

jizzybizzy

So awhile back i fried my electrical system in my rear deck where the speakers go.. so my stock wiring doesnt work anymore which is fine cuz i just use my amp for my 6.5 Polk db 6501 component speakers. only thing is i needed more highs cuz the bass started to overpower the words.. and i had to turn the volume up to get the words which distorted the bass so i either had to choose between clean bass or loud highs... so now i went on ebay and i found the cheapest tweeters i could find thinking "doesnt really matter, its just words... cheap computer speakers can make words sound good.. hell my phone can make the words sound good" so i was careless and bought 2 sets of tweeters for 8 bucks plus shipping. great deal! but they're useless cuz i dont know how to install them.

so i guess that story is useless. i could have just said...

how do i install these tweeters?

Specs of the Tweeters

is it just like installing any other set of speakers?

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

i got a db 6500 componit set(white one) and a 6501 coax set the new gun metal and the highs are good on em and they get hella loud, if ur lookin into cheap loud tweets get a set of q-power chrome tweets, i got some in my truck and there loud as hell and are clear to, i put em above my 6&1/2 coax cause its right behind my seat and i cant rly hear the tweets in em but those make all the diff, and are the componits ran off head unit or a seperate amp?

and do u kno that this amp http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...b=detailed_info is a subwoofer amp? not a fullrange? u need a two channel amp for mids n highs with a highpass filter on it, thats why it dont sound right

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i got a db 6500 componit set(white one) and a 6501 coax set the new gun metal and the highs are good on em and they get hella loud, if ur lookin into cheap loud tweets get a set of q-power chrome tweets, i got some in my truck and there loud as hell and are clear to, i put em above my 6&1/2 coax cause its right behind my seat and i cant rly hear the tweets in em but those make all the diff, and are the componits ran off head unit or a seperate amp?

and do u kno that this amp http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...b=detailed_info is a subwoofer amp? not a fullrange? u need a two channel amp for mids n highs with a highpass filter on it, thats why it dont sound right

ohhhh... thats why my mids didnt work on that amp.... that sucks.. umm soo is there a way to put my tweeters in without the amp?? like through the head unit or something?

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

• 2 weeks later...

ya, i got a set of db6500's the old white ones, and ya u can wire em off the headunit but wont be as loud if they was with an amp, but it will work till u get one

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

oh, and were to put tweets, i put mine at the top of the door were the mirrow bolts onto it the lil black plastic cover, i just poped it off, drilled a hole for the wire to run threw, then poped off the door pannel, run the wire down to the xover and presto, now when usein a componit set ied run new speaker wire to get a better signal, thats what i did in my truck, i got 14guage from walmart and its worked fine for me

Archived