New Setup for my car

Sunny

Hello there! I'm new to this site and car audio and would like some help with it since I heard good things about this site :)

Recently I bought a used alfa 159 that came with an old setup and since then I've been addicted to music and the bass ;)

I have:

FLI (800wmax 250w rms) sub

Nippon 2ch (300w rms,100w rms) I don't remember which.

2 front speakers that I don't know anything about.

Every time I ride all I want to do is turn it up and just can't, well because it is the highest it can go. So I did a little research on new mid speakers,tweets, and sub and wanted a bit of help since I'm new to this and have a bit of knowledge about it. What I am looking for is loud bass (with a pretty small box) with great mid and highs.

What I found that is at a good price is:

Crescendo PWX 8"+ PWX 10" (200rms 35$,300rms 55$) - 2 Ea. or maybe 2 of only one kind.

Crescendo FT1 Super Tweeter (45$)

SSA xcon/zcon 12" ( 430$ 1750rms, 530$ 2250rms)

I would love if you could help me with any of your knowledge if these are any good, if there is anything better than those at that range of price. Also have no knowledge in amps and would love if I could get a recommendation for what amps will match. My budget would be around 800-1K $.

Thank you!

Fi Q fully loaded $339

sundown saz 1500 $525 new

thats $864 you still need a good battery at front and 1 to the rear. you also need good wire and dont cheap out on wire. if you set your budget to 2k it can really do good with good wire and extra battery

note that if you go with the zcon it will be more expensive.. you will need an HO alt that will cost around $400 for a quality one and at least another battery. also a bigger amp that will cost $700 to $1000..

Thank you for the reply, this is pretty much my thought:

My goal is to have a decent sub, mid speakers and tweets but with no need to add another battery, so I would like to know what are the restrictions of these requirements?

In addition, If the crescendo's pwx and tweeters are any good and if there is something better at that price?

And the reason I rather not go above the 1K $ is that I don't live in the US so I will need to import it, or find it here (so I need to keep in mind it will cost more than what you state)...

the crescendo mids are good actually.. the tweeters also get loud with not much power. they are okay in my books. if youre not planing on getting extra batteries and HO alternator i would stay in the rage of 1000 - 1500 watts

the crescendo mids are good actually.. the tweeters also get loud with not much power. they are okay in my books. if youre not planing on getting extra batteries and HO alternator i would stay in the rage of 1000 - 1500 watts

As in 1500 watts total? If so I could just buy a 1k rms sub with 2 6.5"pwx or 8"pwx and will be around that. With the PWX would it be better if I get one specifically for the bass and one for the actual voice or can I just let it play all of the frequencies?

Archived