Damn it had to be sony....

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

If you watch nova, there have been some very cool advances coming to the electronic industry. One of the coolest is cold lead infused steal. which is 900 percent more efficient than copper. It's some pretty cool shit what they are learning they can do with the 0 kelvin technologies. But i would expect due to cost at the present it will be 10 yrs before we see any benefits in the audio world.

truthsayer

I wonder why speaker creaters didn't merge to the square concept of the solo baric speakers as a platform. to what I hear they do move great amount of air cause of the shape.

Because square speakers have square voice coils, and can only be powered by square waves..

Which makes it insanely expensive to manufacture square woofers.....

:P

Seriously tho, the slight gain of cone area from a square woofer to a round woofer is not worth it.

The square woofers have 90degree corners, which means 90 degree surrounds in said corners, and it limits the xmax of the driver especially at higher excursion due to the lack of movement on the inner half of the surround in the corners (closest to the cone).

Ive seen many square style woofers besides kicker with surrounds that have came unattached.

The size of the cone does not matter as much as people think it does, (meaning a 12 inch square vs a 12 inch round woofer).

If it came down to the amount of cone area on said woofer, and that was the factor in moving more air, that would result in any 12 inch round woofer not being able to move as much air as said square woofer, and thats far from true or even being plausible.

Archived