Optima 1 year old, going bad??

Thanks for all the comments and information guys. There has only been one time where it was noticeably turning the engine slowly, but has never failed yet. We'll see how that goes when it is below 0 outside though...

Also, I will charge it up when I get a chance. My alternator has never had a problem charging it previously. My next battery is definitely going to be an XS or a Kinetic. Do you guys have any advice on buying used batteries? I realize it's probably not a smart idea...but it's worth asking.

One more thing. Is charging it with an automatic 40 amp Black & Decker battery charger safe? It tops it off, but I don't know if 40 amps is too much for a single Yellow Top battery.. I have always tried to avoid charging it with it because of this.

yes it's safe.

truthsayer

this is my first time buying an agm from autozone and with a 3 year warranty i think it beats the deka

can you splice your ground wire and see how its doing with corrosion? im going to have to replace my wires this weekend.. just thinking if i should use stock or just get some 1/0 and do my own lol

Not easily...my car is a 98 Chrysler Concorde and you're supposed to take the front right tire off to take the battery out. It's a pain in the ass,.
omg I changed the battery on my friends Sebring it was the same way its a pain in the ass

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Archived