Battery Relocate 01 GTI Fuse box Question

I'm going to be shaving the engine bay this winter and one of the easy steps is the battery relocate. My question is How. There is a fuse box on top of the battery and here is a diagram for it.

2011-08-07_155147_87775448.gif

The bottom left wire/metal bar connects right to the battery. I'd like to relocate the entire fuse box to someplace else but I'm not sure what i should do for wiring it.

Should i run a 4 gauge for each of the fuses. Fuse them for what they are rated for on here. and run them to a Power distro block with like two runs of OFC 1/0? I see a lot of people do this with only 1 run but giving the factory fuse rating i feel like i should have enough wire to handle the possible draw. Suggestions? Battery is going in the spare tire well in the hatch. XS D6500 if that matters. Any opinions help!!

Um no one has answered this interesting , well you can run 0 to the back , but i would just re locate that panel under the dash theres is a fair amount of room but if you would like pm me and i could answer what you like

life goes one HP or DB at a time

Archived