Second Skin Audio

difference is current 18" Fi subs?

Fuzzy336

I wouldn't be able to put the 2nd one that far back from #1 because of the length of the port as described in #2 (and yes your measurements are correct btw) so if the port is 19" long, but one inch is the back wall making the port only go 18" into the depth of the box, the 2nd one would have to be on top of the port.

EDIT: Part of what I originally wrote was wrong, I had a brain dart, so I fixed it lol.

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

I wouldn't be able to put the 2nd one that far back from #1 because of the length of the port as described in #2 (and yes your measurements are correct btw) so if the port is 19" long, but one inch is the back wall making the port only go 18" into the depth of the box, the port will end exactly half way through the box, should I still use the 11.33" guide, and just have 1 from bottom to top and the other top of port to top of box? Or should I make each brace 8" from it's wall sense that would be in the middle of the port and in the middle of the half with out the port?

I'm thinking still using the 11.33" idea with the 2nd on the top of the port would work best though, but I could be wrong lol

Its really up to you. The up side of putting both braces on the port is it would help with flex.

If your external depth is 36" and you are using 1" MDF then you have 34" of depth inside the enclosure. 18" of that on the bottom is port, and 16" of it isn't. If you wanted to split those in half that wouldn't be bad.

That's part of the fun in our hobby, it's all up to you.

That's a large (wide) port though, If it were me I would consider a piece of 3/4 mdf bull nosed on each end running from front to back of the port separating it into two halves. Then Run the braces from top to bottom however you want. I would probably do it 11.33" apart like first mentioned.

Everyone says go big why ? I ran current box for 4 yrs won many many comps bang it daily it is at seat line no higher .. When u go to high it chokes off keep port 8 in or more from hatch I use 7/8 allthred obe top bottom one side side I have 90 lb subs zero flex an do 12 sq in of port roughly 200 sq in too keep port velocity up .. I did 156 on 10 k do the same about on 20 k with 4 in coil subs

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I wouldn't be able to put the 2nd one that far back from #1 because of the length of the port as described in #2 (and yes your measurements are correct btw) so if the port is 19" long, but one inch is the back wall making the port only go 18" into the depth of the box, the 2nd one would have to be on top of the port.

EDIT: Part of what I originally wrote was wrong, I had a brain dart, so I fixed it lol.

What's a brain dart? Lol.

Everyone says go big why ? I ran current box for 4 yrs won many many comps bang it daily it is at seat line no higher .. When u go to high it chokes off keep port 8 in or more from hatch I use 7/8 allthred obe top bottom one side side I have 90 lb subs zero flex an do 12 sq in of port roughly 200 sq in too keep port velocity up .. I did 156 on 10 k do the same about on 20 k with 4 in coil subs

Everyone is saying go within mfr recommended enclosure specs. Not big for the sake of big.

Dart fart, damn autocorrect on my phone haha, and my design 98 is only 20 cubic foot after all displacement where yours is 16, also, sense yours is a 2 door, I think you have more distance from back of seat to hatch than I do allowing you to keep it under seat line, I may be wrong but that's just my guess.

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

I have 4 door sir my box is 21x49x 38

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Then he can't see through the woofers

While that's true, if the woofers were placed to the left and right side of the box he may have some viewing are between them, while probably not much. just an option either way.

Granted if he doesn't want to run above the window line I'd do smaller subs in a proper box anyway.

pgsig.png

You guys an proper box who says there's a proper box ? If there was why isn't everyone loud? Who else is doing 156 from cargo area besides Meade an myself? How does Berger get a 160 out if 4-18s in a forth in a civics backseat ? Proper box? I don't think so .. Op do what u want 4-18 s can an will work just saying

TEAM DC AUDIO

Archived