Second Skin Audio

difference is current 18" Fi subs?

Fuzzy336

SO I currently have 2 kicker zx2500.1 amps, and I want to goto 4 18's in my tahoe, I want to do subs up port back, tuned to like 28-30 Hz, and Ive got a rough sketch designed for a box that should allow 20.07 cubic feet of air space after all displacement. So knowing that each sub would roughly be getting 5 cubic foot each, and before anyone says use 15's, no one around here has 18's so it would be something new where I live.

I was looking at the Fi Q 18's, with cooling and spider option because those are rated for 1500w rms and my amps truly do close to 2800 each rms, so im liking the match between those, but out of all of their 18's, which ones were more designed for daily drivers, which ones were made for SPL and which ones would you recommend for the set up im designing? all input is greatly appreciated.

Also, if you choose internal leads what size wire is used and how long is the wire?

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

To make a Fi Q operate properly with the correct amount of port area, 5 cubes ain't gonna do it. You'll need over 6 cubes per, plus around a MINIMUM of 350" of port. You have the room for that? The port alone will displace over 4.5 cubes for a tune like you want.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Slamming my design is already an inch taller than the back seat and I'm really trying not to exceed that height any more so I can still use the back window.

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

How about 4 Q 18's or 4 Havoc 18's sealed?

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

How about 4 Q 18's or 4 Havoc 18's sealed?

To make a Fi Q operate properly with the correct amount of port area, 5 cubes ain't gonna do it. You'll need over 6 cubes per, plus around a MINIMUM of 350" of port. You have the room for that? The port alone will displace over 4.5 cubes for a tune like you want.

Q's are what I was wanting to run but look at what CleanSierra said about that, and I want ported, not sealed.

My Youtube Channel

...Seems like 90 psi...

you will be stuck with 15's. im about the height of the head rest and only could fit 2 18's. if you want you can run 2 18's sp4 1 on each amp. you will love it

Archived