Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Atomic apocalypse 15 box help


pimpnFosgates

Recommended Posts

Posted

My max dimensions are 34wx28dx17t

I want just a straight numbers box. It's on a sound stream 2600.1 in a 98 subaru legacy outback(wagon)

I built a great low end box that plays to 15 hz but now I want a numbers box and need to know where I should tune it, aeros or slot ports? I've never went for just numbers so I don't know what to do

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Posted

Come on guys, basically I need to know around what I should tune to and if I should try aeros

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Posted

Find the vehicle's resonant frequency where you have the most cabin gain, then you will want to tune not necessarily at that frequency, but so that you peak at that frequency. Normally you will need to tune a couple Hz lower to do this. And it doesn't matter if you use aeros or a slot port, a port is a port as long as you have the necessary port area. It would be easiest to plot this in WinISD to try to mess around with the volume of the box vs power and see how large you can get the peak when you look at SPL.

Chevrolet Tahoe

Crescendo PWX6 (2) and FT1 (2)

Fi Audio SP4 15" (1), AQ3500D.1 (1)

Enclosure: 4th Order (Ported) 4.5cu ft @26Hz

Mechman Elite 370A & Kinetik HC2000

Sky High 2/0 Wire

Future Plans: (2) 18" @25Hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5496 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...